IDM hackers!!

About the use & development of Internet in Lebanon.
Scorpion

IDM hackers!!

Post by Scorpion »

hello everyone,
i have read some topics and i have seen that IDM spams emails.....but the really bad thig is that they hack other systems also.
I have the McAfee 2005 firewall and it is always telling me that IDM users are trying to get through my pc(they r attempting to access ports used for file sharing,but they are blocked by the McAfee firewall).....the AMAZING thing in this firewall is that it has a SYSTEM TRACKER,which tells you from what country,IP address and even the informations of these hackers(probably these are their fake information like their names,location etc...)......i don't know if IDM support these hackers,since their IP address show these hakers are clients,not from the server....but the sure thing is they are related to IDM (form their IP),and from their information provided by McAfee,which provides their location:
SEE BELOW an example of ONE of the attacks and tell me what do you think...these fools probably don't know that there are such firewall programs that can track them and reveal their info:

Information related to '80.77.176.0 - 80.77.191.255'

inetnum: 80.77.176.0 - 80.77.191.255
netname: IQ-ZARKANET-20050314
descr: ZarkaNet
org: ORG-ZA1-RIPE
admin-c: BT68-RIPE
tech-c: DSA1978
mnt-by: RIPE-NCC-HM-MNT
mnt-lower: GRD-MNT
mnt-routes: GRD-MNT
mnt-domains: GRD-MNT
source: RIPE Filtered

organisation: ORG-ZA1-RIPE
org-name: ZarkaNet
org-type: LIR
address: IncoNet-Data Management sal
Basha Garden bldg, 4th floor
address: IDM
address: Beirut
address: Lebanon
phone: +961 1 512513
fax-no: +961 1 510474
e-mail: noc@idm.net.lb
admin-c: BT68-RIPE
admin-c: NOC42-RIPE
admin-c: DSA1978
mnt-ref: GRD-MNT
mnt-ref: RIPE-NCC-HM-MNT
mnt-by: RIPE-NCC-HM-MNT

person: Bernard Tabib
address: Data Management
address: Tabaris, Borj Al Ghazal
address: P.O. Box: 166 162
address: Beirut - Lebanon
phone: +961-1-204635
fax-no: +961-1-218889
e-mail: btabib@dm.net.lb
e-mail: bt@dm.net.lb
nic-hdl: BT68-RIPE

person: Dima Saleh
address: IncoNet-Data Management sal
e-mail: Dima.Saleh@idm.net.lb
phone: +961 1 512513
nic-hdl: DSA1978

Information related to '80.77.187.0/24AS9051'

route: 80.77.187.0/24
descr: RES
origin: AS9051
mnt-by: GRD-MNT
admin
Site Admin

Firewalls and Intrusion Alerts

Post by admin »

Hi,

This is a very common thing. It happens on many networks. Sometimes it is because the network is badly set and not maintained very well. Whatever the reasons, you should ALWAYS use a good firewall when you are connected to the Internet. WinXP's firewall is not bad for stopping incoming calls, but it doesn't show you the alert window, and it doesn't check the outgoing activities... For your info, some of the best firewalls in 2006 are ZONE ALARM PRO and OUTPOST FIREWALL (for advanced users). I guess MacAfee is not too bad. (Many firewall are set by default to show many secondary alerts so you feel they are being useful).
the-lebanon.com