Internet Services: Cable, ADSL, DSL in Lebanon?

About the use & development of Internet in Lebanon.

When do you think (unlimited) cable or DSL internet services will be available in Lebanon (for a decent price)?

No votes
No votes
24%
35%
18%
24%

Total votes: 17

Sawyer

Post by Sawyer »

As long as DSL will be limited i'm not gonna use it. The most important thing for me is an unlimited bandwidth cuz i download alot of stuff, but are you sure there will be legal DSL with illegal UNlimited bandwidth? If so i will be the first one to subscribe. Raficoo can you please give us details about the prices, the bandwidth and all these kind of information if you know any?
Raficoo

Imagine "Local DSL guy", that would really be usef

Post by Raficoo »

I was discussing with a illegal cable operation about the limitation of DSL,

i asked him about how'l it work, he told me that when the companies give out DSL connections to the guys of the resellers, the guys have a kind of machinacal technology in their computers that can limit, or UNlimit the bandwidth, but sadly as it is, i think if u wanna connect to Legal DSl with illegal UNlimited, it will be an indirect connection, in another way, its good,. that's all i know about the connection 4 now,

about the prices normal limited DSL(as i like to call it):

$23 for 128kbps/32kbps with a 2GB monthly :evil:

$33 for 256kbps/64kbps with a 3GB monthly :evil:

$45 for 512kbps/128kbps with a 4GB monthly :x

$75 for 1Mbps/256kpbs with a 5GB monthly :x :evil: :x

$200 for HDSL with speeds up to 2.3Mbps with a 8GB monthly :x :x :x

(HDSL is .....High speed data-transfer)..

i don't know how much a UNlimitation of it would cost, but ill keep u all with up-to-date

Hmm, i wonder i ask them"is there a way to pay more for legal DSL unlimitation"
trash

Post by trash »

let MPT ted7achoun bit bit lal 5 GB

unlimited or nothing
I hate all Lebanese ISPs.... They are trash
Raficoo

Unlimited or nothin

Post by Raficoo »

hmm, i don't know what the words u said above, i don't speak arabitic english,

now did i say i was 100% sure Local DSL guy would come, well i don no yet, the guy told me that he might do it, if there's isn't ALOT :lol: of risks,

it'l still early for MAJOR updates such as my UNlimitation answer :)

i dont even know about the guy ur talkin about
palpoule

Post by palpoule »

Guys stop wasting your precious time writing about the arrival of DSL in Lebanon. Political problems are very overwhelming and please don't expect a nice year (2007) for Lebanon. :(

Unless :D !!! some advanced democratic country like the US, France, Germany, England, Belgium, Switzerland etc... invades Lebanon and builds the government every educated, intellectual and open-minded Lebanese really wants. Who doesn't want Lebanon to become the Middle-East's New York like it used to be in the seventies? Those were the days.

By the way, Happy Independence Day! :? :D
Raficoo

Ur right

Post by Raficoo »

Everything was good, DSL was gonna be launched in march, 2007, until That day, the anti-syrain guy got killed, and political problems broke out, now we probably have to wait till like 2040, and we all know DSL's arrival dates depends on polititians, so Back to the old cables :cry: :wink:

Atleast i dont got school for 3 extra days :lol: :D
murex

Is Lahoud personally involved?

Post by murex »

zeez wrote:
About Lebanon, from what I have heard (but is that true? if you know something please confirm or infirm) the problem is very simple: a guy called Ralph Lahoud - who happens to be the son of the president of the republic of Lebanon - holds the UNIQUE licence for high speed internet. So he sets the rules and all ISP must pay him (= his company set-up)...

Maybe someone should interview him so he could explain to the people what is going on exactly and what they are suppose to expect.
Is Emile Lahoud personally involved in the BLOCKAGE of the Lebanese ISP market? I don't know. But I know that Emile Lahoud is a fat piece of shit. You can look at his face to make sure here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89mile_Lahoud

Everybody knows that, because he is the president of the Republic of Lebanon. (In a normal world, this guy would have been a gym teacher.) But someone told me that his son Ralph Lahoud, is also a fat piece of shit! But I have never met him so please do confirm or infirm if you know more about this one...

It's a big crime... If they are really involved in this, they should be arrested and judged one of these days.
palpoule

Post by palpoule »

If you are unsure for whom to swear for the delay of DSL in Lebanon, I'll give you a jump START:

Number 1, the TRAITOR and SELFISH Christian, who doesn't really know what he truly wants in life and doesn't care for anything except to rest his hairy ASS on "the presidential chair": General Michel Aoun

Number 2, the curly-ass-hair-bearded Anti-American radical Islamist who still believes that U.S, Israel, and all Western Countries are the SHAYTAN :roll: : Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah

Number 3, the rather confused, caught-in-the-middle Syria-loving piece of shit: Mr. Nabih Berri

Number 4 and 5, last but FUCKING certainly not least, our "beloved sister" Syria, who thinks that Lebanon is a "HISTORICAL MISTAKE", and her warm brother-in-law, Iran, who wants to rule the world and make it Jewish-free, where all Shiite Muslims could live in peace.

Did that help? :(
murex

nice :-)

Post by murex »

Thanks! I guess that's the perfect list of all our main dick-heads! :idea:
(+ add the 2 retards that are now presidents in Syria & Iran)

Hariri, the Saouds, and Bush are not angels... But healthy minds must learn how to put a clear hierarchy in their little list of dick-heads... Nixon is "better" than Staline... Except for brains deeply rotten and/or ignorant of history...

Four our bad luck, since the cold war, and since the crusades, and maybe since the dawn of man, we have our houses built RIGHT ON a big border between 3 continents... With open sea on one side, open desert on the other... Not a very confortable "zone"... Unless you have a BIG friend outside... But you have to pay them a tribute usually... Always trapped in between huge empires... When people try something here, it seems they always fail and write books instead... Or leave and build a new city a little bit further to the east/west...

(For more political stuff please post in the 'politics' forum!)
trash

Post by trash »

Man this is all crap to me....

but What i want to know is who is that damn Fuc***g stupid idiot motherf*cker who came with the idea that 2~8 GB limit is enough?
I mean was he on drugs when this idea came to his pathetic ignorant little brain or he was just born stupid and don't know that 5 GB can be consumed in less than 1 damn week........
I hate all Lebanese ISPs.... They are trash
Raficoo

4MBPS connection in Lebanon!!!!!

Post by Raficoo »

hey, there's a isp that a few days ago i heard it's called fastnet, they can give a 4MPBS with download speed up from 100Kb/s to 500kb/s, my eyes exploded when i read about it :shock: , we're waiting for DSL and this Service is not what we should be usin :lol: , i've heard that the prices, are like 55$ for a 300Kb/s at night i think, but there a limitation on download, i think like 1gb a day, or 500mb a day, u can pay more if u want unlimited, there website is crappy, it's fastnetonline.com, i don't exactly know which areas they provide, but its REALLY worth a try :wink:

i heard about it in a forum
[www.lfpm.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12574]
Cypher

Post by Cypher »

Hey guys, like u, i really hate the connection in Lebanon, the fastest connection i ever saw in Lebanon is 1 mbps maximum and thts about $200/month.
I really hope they can get DSL at the start of the new year, tht would be awesome.
IcEd EaRtH
Raficoo

Surprising:UNLIMITED DSLV.S UNLIMITED ILLEGAL CaBLE(Lebnan)

Post by Raficoo »

hmm, all of a sudden, im saying that illegal calbe(local calbe guys( are the best :o , ca and CAZ, i went to my cousin's house in SAIDA, and he a normal internet user, he pays 30$ for a 64kbps just to chat(MSN,YAHoo,etc...), i tried out the internet at his house, and i downloadin somthin, and i got speed(I SWEAR :o :shock: ), i got speed from(((30KB/S to MAX OF 100KB/S :shock: !!, KB/S not kbps, and its unlimited, i was thinking y he pays 30$ for 64kbps, and gets download speed of 75KB/S average, and i pay 40$, for 128kbps, and i get speeds of MAX 12KB/S :cry: :( :evil: , im going to change my connection to the same guy he is using from(OFFCOURSE)

for any1 livin INSIDE saida, near SPinneys, contact me to see if the guy's internet sevice is avaivle for you(IF ur INTERESTED :P :roll: )

and no he wasn't the only one in the network using internet to get that speed(Example if they say PEAK hours, i think u get 17-50KB/S)

so i can say, FUCK LIMITED BITCHY DSL, and ILLEGAL CABLEs' the BEST( how can i judge more for 10Mil Years if DSL won't even come by that time) :roll:

srry if the service can't get to u if ur far!!!
Raficoo

STILL NOTHIN!!!!

Post by Raficoo »

now, its been like....4FOREVER, and still no DSL service or even legal cable available yet, ooo boy.. :x , still politacal shit doin down, o o when will DSL be, anyupdates yet?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Finally DSL was released in Lebanon in Spring 2007.

Unfortunately, this is NOT a good news.

The packages are still very expensive and the features are VERY poor comparing to the outside World.

1/ It is slow. The smallest package is 128kbps and the biggest is 1MB.

2/ The bandwidth it VERY limited per month. I think the smallest package offers 1 or 2GB per month of uploads and downloads... That's nothing... (Of course, a full normal use of the Internet & services such as Skype are not possible under these conditions.)

Because of this BW limit, this new DSL service that all the ISP in Lebanon are now promoting and reselling cannot be called normal DSL. It sounds more like a Thirld World joke until now.

I am going to change the question in the POLL of this topic from:

"When do you think cable or DSL internet services will be available in Lebanon?"

to

"When do you think (unlimited) cable or DSL internet services will be available in Lebanon (for a decent price)?"
the-lebanon.com